Friday 13 May 2011

GCSE coursework

My coursework consists of 5main projects including my mock exam.






Project 1: (Autumn 2009)


Our first project was portraiture, where I took many pictures of my face from different angles. The main materials that I used were acrylic paints and pencil crayons/lead. The surrounding pictures show the main piece from this project and some of the accompanying prep.




Project 2: 'Landscape' (Winter 09/10)


Our second project was shorter than the first and was used for us to experiment with different mediums, mainly brusho inks. We produced many abstract landscapes using the powders along with water to create illusional effects. However we also did skill based drawings of city scapes, which showed much contrast to the landscapes.





Project 3: 'Sculpture' (Spring 2010)


I chose to use the cartoon character 'Daffy duck' as my inspiration for my clay sculpture. As can be seen on the image below, extra moulds of clay were used to hold the mouth/nose up whilst the sculpture was fired in the kiln.













Project 4: 'Love project' (summer 2010)


For this project we each chose our own theme in preparation for the variety of choices in year 11, I decided to use love as the base for my project due to the many options within that topic. My main piece to this project consistedof a rose drawn using black and white chalks, surrounded by whit acrylic and red lettering (which I think symbolises love).





Project 5: 'Mock exam' (autumn 2010)


Finally, our mock exam, we also had free choice on the theme for this project however instead of creating just one main piece we did two. The first (a flower split into 9 different sections and completed using block paints, black pens and pencil) was displayed at a small gallery in Otley along with many others work. My second piece (done under controlled time, in preparation for the exam in april) was of an orchid, and was painted using acrylics. Out of the two works I prefered the second as I think that it shows more flare and originality (seen below).I also learnt how to use an etching plate during this project. After etching a design into plastic it was smothered in paint and then printed ontowhite cartridge paper, this also can be seen below.









No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.