Tuesday 10 May 2011

Exam Prep Sheets - Self Image
































































































The prepsheet on the left shows three copies of
The two on at the top are colourn pencil drawings, I used red to signify anger and danger, whereas the blue copy is cold and dark. Two complete contrasts to the original image(bottom right).






































Before deciding to use biro for my final deisgn, I experimented with different ways of producing contrasting ideas using brusho inks.






































The picture on the bottom left has two layers, firstly I copied the original picture using pencil and then I added contasting yellow and purple brusho on top of it. I tryed to add the brusho with the intention of adding another dimemsion to the hairstyle; by adding colour it stands out as a more sophisticated piece of art using both modern and traditional painting/drawing techniques.






































As my final design has elements of lanscape and the countryside, I decided to use the following Monet, Waterlily pond piece, to copy as a second form of art history.
I chose to copy the original painting (bottom right hand corner) in 4 different mediums. Firstly, white crayon on black paper(middle), brusho and biro(bottom left), computer manipulated images (right hand side) and finally a skill based pencil drawing (top left).



The image in the left also links to the Monet art history. However I used different paintings by monet to produce this piece. To link it with my main exam piece I used one of my projection sheets with the image of my head on it and carefully placed it so that, it appears to be looking across the poppy fields.



Following art history, I made copies of one main image (seen in middle) firstly I did a simple sketch using carbon paper to make it more precise, (Top left hand corner), secondly I did a simple pencil sketch version to show drawing skills and then added a sun to the top right hand corner (bottom, second in from the left). Finally, aftertaking many pictures of yorkshire lanscapes I used the back of an old sketchpad to create a compositon of both landscape and portraiture. This picture (top right hand corner), became my inspiration for my main exam piece.














Oils were used in this picture, painted on top of a photocopy to show use of other materials. Black and white blockpaints were used on another identical copy to show use of a wide range of materials.I took many pictures of similar landscapes, in different weathers, to produce different light and shadowing. These have also been copied and collaged to produce my final prep sheet.